Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lee Anxious to go Home for NHRA SuperNationals

When legendary drag-racing team owner/crew chief “Big” Jim Dunn tabbed veteran Paul Lee to be the driver of the CANIDAE/Lucas Oil/WileyX Funny Car for the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Series, the lifelong pursuit of a dream was realized, and now the 52-year-old Lee gets to continue it near his hometown at this weekend’s 41st annual NHRA SuperNationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park. A native of Ewan, N.J., the former CFO of Boninfante Clutches now owns McLeod Clutches, a California-based high-performance clutch shop, and resides in Anaheim Hills, Calif.

LIVE BLOGGING ANNOUNCEMENT: NHRA race fans can catch all the action live as it happens from Old Bridge Township Raceway Park by visiting CanidaeRacing.com to follow the CANIDAE Pet Foods/Lucas Oil/WileyX Funny Car throughout qualifying and eliminations. Log in to view reports and photos direct from the Jim Dunn crew and driver Paul Lee... Don’t miss a second of the action!

“I’m a New Jersey native so not only is Englishtown my home track, it’s my favorite track,” Lee said. “I pretty much grew up racing there. I got my first racing license there, I got my Alcohol Funny Car license there, and I have more laps at Englishtown than at any other drag strip. That is truly my home track and definitely my favorite place in the whole world. I’m looking forward to getting back there... (read more)

No comments: